Meeting Chaired by Mr Martin Dunabie.
Apologies From: Linda Harvey
Martin welcomed everyone to the meeting,
he then reminded us all about signing up to the South Ayrshire Leisure Card which gives discounts from 15% up to 50%. As MOF’s card no longer valid at pool or Golf course.
- MOF’s Phone number 07961 833 401 Please
save this to your phone
Since the last meeting in August, Martin brought everyone up to date with the news
- Website – please keep looking and tell us what you want added
- Link to the rolling calendar has been added
- Closed Facebook page – coming soon members only
- Minutes from the General Meetings will be found on the website
- Burns Supper - Date set Friday 28 February 2020
- Golf –
on hold until next year
- Castle Douglas bus trip – Feedback wet but fun, Great Meal
- Next bus trip to be V&A Dundee in the spring 2020.
- New Flyers issued for all to see. To be distributed around the 12 villages.
- Winter city break – not a MOF’s trip this year.
- Wilding Christmas Lunch – Monday 16th Dec 1pm names still being taken
- Supper club – possibility for a new group next year – interest shown
said thank you to The Speakers and wished them good luck with the re-fit
- Charity Shop 14 February 2020 After a meeting with Alex Kelly we can confirm the date for next year. The Ladies remind
us to save our stuff for the charity shop. And to think about donations for the Tombola. We may get another week later in the year, but it will be at very short notice.
- Remembrance Sunday 10 November meeting at the town hall at 9.45
walking up to the monument at Memorial Park.
- Group Leaders some reports were given by the leaders and by their representatives
- General Meetings - We asked what you would like to see at the general meetings
/ talks / Group Presentations / fund rising events.
- Ideas given- History of Maybole / Gin Tasting/ Possibly a MOF’s recipe book / Choir. Keep your ideas coming.
- MOF’s Calendars
We were asked what was happening with the MOF’s Calendar this year, we will make enquires with the camera club. AW asked that the calendars be produced earlier in the year. We will get back to you as soon as we have news!
raised £49.00 with a thanks to an extra donation from our Ladies.
- Any Other Business – AW brought up the indoor kurling set which was housed at The Speakers for use by community groups and belongs to the MOF’s. This
is safe and will stay at The Speakers for use when The Speakers reopens. There is a second set which housed at the Town Hall if anyone needs to use this in the meantime.
- Next meeting – Thursday
05 Dec 2019 1pm at the St Oswald’s church Hall
Martin Thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting